By completing this course you will become a Poison Prevention Educator for the Rocky Mountain Poison Center. We hope that after completing this program you will be equipped to teach others about poisonings and what to do in a poisoning emergency. Anyone living and/or working in Colorado, Nevada, Montana, and Hawaii is welcome to complete the course and use the online poison prevention resource center. If you do not live/work in our served regions, please contact your local poison center for available training and resources.
Click the appropriate region below to launch the course:Colorado/Nevada/Montana Course Hawaii Course
After completion of all lessons, quizzes, test, and evaluation you will gain full access to the Resource Center. To access your course outline click here.
- Introduction and Pre-Test
- Lesson 1: About U.S. Poison Centers And The Rocky Mountain Poison Center
- Lesson 2: Understanding The Poisoning Problem
- Lesson 3: Common Poisons And Prevention
- Lesson 4: What To Do In Case Of A Poisoning
- Lesson 5: Sharing Poison Prevention Information With Your Community
- Post-Test and Evaluation
It takes approximately two hours to complete this course but progress is saved so you do not have to finish it in one sitting. We appreciate your time and commitment to this program!